Trail Etiquette & Safety
- Permitted users: hikers, bicyclists, cross country skiers, and motorized wheelchairs operated by people with disabilities. The trail is open year-round.
- Not Permitted: horses, snowmobiles*, ATVs, motorcycles, or any other motorized vehicles, hunting.
- *Snowmobiles are allowed only to cross US 20 at the Sherman Underpass located approx. Three miles East of the village of Pecatonica by Hoisington Rd.
- All pets must be on a leash. Please clean up after your pet.
- For Maintenance & Safety issues, call the Freeport / Stephenson County Visitor Center at (815) 233-1357.
- 10 foot wide, level grade, with the crushed limestone surface.
- 10-foot asphalt surface in the villages of Pecatonica and Winnebago, Sumner Park, and at the Sherman Underpass.
- 32 bridge structures of various types.
- Wetlands, remnant prairies, and scenic meadows.
- Sumner Park on the west limits of Pecatonica Village
- Sumner Park East – planned to be in place by 2014
Parking and Access
- Sumner Park in the village of Pecatonica
- Local Streets and Roads. Must abide by local parking laws